Friday, 28 November 2008

GOAL 1: I want to be independent and happy (Part 1)

Is that even possible??


Well i shall sum up a lil about my background...


Only daughter with 2 brothers, born in an indian family, who claims to be mordern but practises old fashioned and traditional upbringin of children, mainly girls. Being the only daughter, parents have always been very protective of me, hence life has been very restricted. Was never allowed to do things on my own, even to the point that dad would walk me to my class, even at the age of 16!



I have yet to figure out what that is, lack of trust or over protectiveness?






And now it also go as far as dad eves dropping with the other phone while i am talkin to my best friend, who is also a girl. I have never been able to have a normal relationship with my parents, like all my other friends, their parents die to have their kids treat them like a friend and not a parent, i.e. talk to their parents about their feelings and life. In my home, it was the other way around, i have always wanted to talk to my parents about how i felt and about life, but i was always shoved aside, they would say they have no time to listen to stupid things.


Hence i have pretty much been alone my whole life as even my bros were too much of guys to want to listen to me and my friends, well i gave them this preceived idea that my relationship with my parents was so good hence i had no problems, reason was i was too embarrassed to tell them the truth.Well this is the start of my childhood, more to come…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hang in there.... it will get better eventually... i hope

Anonymous said...

Sam here.

I know it's hard for you. But we, your friends, are here for you. I mean, do not feel depressed about all this. If you want to you could share it with people you trust, and they will help you.

I'll take it as over-protective, not distrust. You are their only daughter, and your family brought you up in an Indian old school culture. Same goes to my parents treatment to my sisters.

But anyway Helena, if you feel like you wanna say something or share something, I'm all ears. And come online!

Study good, make them proud. You'll do good, trust me.